Remove heavy metal runoff water at the storm drain
The early stages of stormwater management focused on the removal of sand, sediment, dirt, trash and oil from runoff. But heavy metals have taken over the spotlight. And for good reason, because of their high degree of toxicity, many of these elements rank among the priority metals that are of public health significance.
Standard geotextiles and filter fabric won't remove heavy metals. So we use six pounds of a custom blend of filter media to remove them from stormwater flow.
- Specialized catch basin insert has “quilted” sections sewn into the body of the unit where stormwater flows through.
- A custom blend of heavy metal removal media is contained in each section (pouch).
- Six pounds of heavy metal removal media is contained in the lower portion of the Drain Guard.
- A non-permeable, PVC skirt at the top of the unit funnels all water to the lower portion of the Ultra-Drain Guard where it is forced to move through the media before it can move on into the storm drain.
- This BMP removes hydrocarbons, heavy metals, sediments, and other organics from stormwater and industrial runoff.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999) and TMDL requirements.