EFFECTIVE: MAY 25, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personally Identifiable Information
When you interact with us through the Site, we collect personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number when you voluntarily provide such information to us. UltraTech also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, and interests.
Some information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by UltraTech as you utilize the Site but that is not personally identifiable. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used by UltraTech for the operation of the Site, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the UltraTech website.
We also employ “cookies” and similar technologies to keep track of your local computer’s settings. Cookies are pieces of data that sites and services can set on your browser or device that can be read on future visits. In addition, we use technologies such as web beacons and single-pixel gifs to record log data such as open rates for emails sent by the system.
Third-Party Data Collection
We may use third-party website analytics tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Site. While this information is not personally identifiable, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen.
You may see our products and services advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements, you will become a user of the Site. Advertising platforms may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of this website and our control. If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by those third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
If you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through any public message boards, social media services or similar, either operated by or affiliated with UltraTech or not, such information may be collected and used by others.
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our customers and potential customers, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. The aggregate data described in this paragraph are not personally identifiable.
WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
The Company is based in the United States. No matter where you are located and by using the Site, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To provide requested information to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to provide information regarding our products and services, which you request through various points of interaction on our website (e.g., you contact us via one of our online forms).
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our products and services to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Processing job applications;
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or its affiliates, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
Our website, products, and services are intended for users age 13 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at . For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, UltraTech will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional time.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via our websites or other business interactions from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location.
- You can update certain information by emailing us at .
- You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain.
- You can opt-out from certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions within the web browser you use to browse the web (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.).
How Can I Access the Personal Data You Have About Me?
If you would like to submit a data access request, you can email us at . We will then start the process and provide you a link to access the personal data that we have on you within 30 days.
How Do I Correct, Update, Amend or Delete the Personal Data You Have About Me?
You can correct, update, amend, or delete certain personal data, you can also request other modifications from us directly. Please email us at with the words “Personal Data Request” in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
How Do I Object or Restrict the Manner in which UltraTech Processes My Personal Data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate. Email us at with such requests.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first at , and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.