All About Ultra-Archaea
Where do they come from?
Ultra-Archaea are an archaea-based collection of over one hundred different species of microbes that are cultivated from rugged environments such as undersea vents or sites where there is volcanic activity. They are then cultivated with crude oil as the only food source. Therefore they grow on thousands of organic compounds from benzene to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. 100% natural. Odors are eliminated within a few hours to a day.
The result is 100% natural, hardy and fast-acting microbes that have an affinity for oil and other hydrocarbons, as well as organic waste. This specific collection of microbes (Ultra-Archaea) has not been genetically altered or engineered. These naturally occurring microbes have been on the EPA National Contingency List since its inception.
Microbes are not just for oil spills—here are some other known applications:
- Waste Water Treatment Plant — Industrial (refineries, pulp mills, chemical
plants, steel mills, textile plants)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant — Municipal (collection systems, food processing)
- Plumbing Maintenance — sinks, grease traps
- Spill Control
- Septic Tanks
- Odor Control
- Bioremediation — soil, water, stormwater
- Agriculture/Aquaculture — eliminating ammonia, stormwater
- Oily Water — oil/water separators, containment sumps, lagoons
- RV and boat black water holding tanks
- Bilges of boats
Ultra-Archaea Finish First In BP Report
In 2011, Louisiana State University conducted testing at the request of British Petroleum, Ltd. (BP). The mission was to conduct tests using bioremediation products listed on the USEPA National Contingency Plan Product List (NCPPL) with weathered crude oil deposited on marsh and sands in Bay Jimmy, Louisiana.
Of the ten products on the USEPA National Contingency Plan Product List (NCPPL) that were tested, the Formula used to make the Ultra-Archaea finished first. This data clearly suggested that the Ultra-Archaea have the capability to quickly degrade all hydrocarbon products and reduce or eliminate the toxic conditions of an oil spill.
Click here for more information or to download the report or click here for an analytical data summary of the information.
Ultra-Archaea Application Methods
Ultra-Archaea speeds up the rate of natural degradation and helps the bioremediation process occur in days and weeks rather than months or years. Ultra-Archaea will digest hydrocarbon molecules and break them down into harmless byproducts of carbon, carbon dioxide, and lipids.
Ultra-Archaea – Shakers
- Ultra-Archaea is housed in a bentonite clay powder that provides the slightly moist environment needed for them to live.
- Two sizes of shakers available for application on smaller spills or contained areas.
- Resealable/waterproof containers keep microbes dry/dormant until they are needed.
Ultra-Archaea – Water Soluble Packets
- 4 oz. water-soluble packets can be thrown into oil/water separators, catch basins, grease traps, and other areas to facilitate oil and grease removal.
- Small size, big results — no measuring, scooping, or spreading. Simply place the entire packet into the area that needs to be cleaned. The water-soluble packet will dissolve and allow the Ultra-Archaea to spread throughout the area.
Ultra-Archaea – Bulk Bags
- Bulk bags (25 lbs.) are available for large spills, open water applications, or frequent use areas.
- Keep on hand for refilling Shakers or other smaller containers or for large, unexpected spills.
- High concentration of Archaea (20 billion per gram)
- Easy to break up and flush or drain – Simple to use
- 12-pack of tubes, 24 tablets per tube
Ultra-Archaea – Booms
- Specially-treated polyethylene foam used in Ultra-Archaea Booms allows it to float on the water’s surface while also absorbing oil.
- Microbe tablets (6) are inserted into slits in the foam sleeves — extended water contact causes the tablets to slowly dissolve, releasing the microbes into the water.
- Booms can be dropped in, or tied off in catch basins (lanyards included), oil/ water separators or other areas where oily water can collect.
- Dimensions: 6″ x 4″ x 1″ (152mm x 102mm x 25mm).
- Sold in 6-packs.