8 Reasons to Sell UltraTech Spill Containment Products
1. Your customers need it. Ah, the beauty of spill containment products… in most cases, it is REQUIRED. If your customer has any hazmat on site, they should have spill containment under those containers in order to comply with EPA and SPCC regulations. No need to point fingers or hit ’em over the head with it, a simple reminder and a quote from 40 CFR 264.175 ought to do quite nicely.
2. It keeps your customers’ facilities clean. We don’t want to assume that customers only buy spill containment because they have to (although that helps), some just want a cleaner, and therefore safer, workplace. Some companies use spill containment under non-hazardous materials just to ensure the floors and walk surfaces stay clean and dry.
3. It’s an additional revenue stream. Perhaps this is the most obvious one on the list. And the most self-serving. But hey, let’s face it, you’re in business to make money and so are we. So if you’re already selling other industrial products and/or safety products, the transition to spill containment is seamless. Easy-peasy. No need to search for a new customer base, you’re already selling to them.
4. It’s the right thing to do. Regulations and compliance aside, we all need to do our part to keep this world of ours as clean as possible. No, I’m not turning hippie on you (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but some of the stuff that your customers deal with is very nasty. And if it gets into the environment, it’s a no-win scenario for all involved.
5. It opens up a whole new world for your relationship with your customers. Spill containment needs can open up doors for you that wouldn’t be open for the other lines you represent. Not to say that there’s anything wrong with your other lines but doing something like a spill containment audit can give you access to places you might not normally go.
6. It gives you something new to talk about. Are you known as “the glove guy”? Or maybe “the dude that sells sorbents”? Well, now you can be “the glove guy that also has super cool containment products”. If nothing else, this gives you a great new reason to go talk to your customers.
7. It’s an easy sale. The large majority of our spill containment products are very straightforward. Your customers will most likely either need them or they won’t. No long sales cycles or field testing necessary. Most of our products will ship from our factory in Ohio in 2-3 days. And if that wasn’t enough, we also have the industry’s best warranty and cover our products for up to 5-years.
8. You’ll be a hero. Picture this, you walk onto your customer’s site and point out an area that is out of compliance. They get some Ultra-Spill Pallets, maybe a Spill Deck or two, and the next week they get a surprise visit by the EPA. Fine and further/closer investigation averted. Make sure your cape is cleaned and pressed for your next sales call, they’ll probably want photos.
BONUS! We’ll be here to help you. We have a top-notch, very responsive and proactive customer service department, an award-winning marketing team, and regional sales managers and reps that are available for product training, joint sales calls, open houses and the like.