Detectable warning system aids the visually impaired
Ultra-ADA Pads are designed for the visually impaired to feel the raised, truncated domes with their feet. This, in combination with a tapping cane, can alert them to an upcoming intersection or other potential hazards.
- Available in four (4) sizes: 2’ x 2’, 2’ x 3’, 2’ x 4’ and 2’ x 5’.
- Safety yellow color assists people with severe visual impairment. Black, brick red and safety red also available.
- Flexible construction forms to fit dips, slopes, and inclines in sidewalks and walkways.
- Installs quickly and easily using adhesive and steel anchors (included).
- Better slip resistance than composites.
- Better impact resistance than composites.
|Part #||Dimensions ft. (m)||Color||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|0750||2 x 2 x 0 (.6 x .6 x 0)||Yellow||8 (3.6)|
|0753||3 x 2 x 0 (.9 x .6 x 0)||Yellow||11 (5)|
|0751||4 x 2 x 0 (1.2 x .6 x 0)||Yellow||15 (6.8)|
|0752||5 x 2 x 0 (1.5 x .6 x 0)||Yellow||19 (8.6)|
|0760||2 x 2 x 0 (.6 x .6 x 0)||Brick Red||8 (3.6)|
|0763||3 x 2 x 0 (.9 x .6 x 0)||Brick Red||11 (5)|
|0761||4 x 2 x 0 (1.2 x .6 x 0)||Brick Red||15 (6.8)|
|0762||5 x 2 x 0 (1.5 x .6 x 0)||Brick Red||19 (8.6)|
|0765||2 x 2 x 0 (.6 x .6 x 0)||Safety Red||8 (3.6)|
|0766||3 x 2 x 0 (.9 x .6 x 0)||Safety Red||11 (5)|
|0767||4 x 2 x 0 (1.2 x .6 x 0)||Safety Red||15 (6.8)|
|0768||5 x 2 x 0 (1.5 x .6 x 0)||Safety Red||19 (8.6)|
|0756||2 x 2 x 0 (.6 x .6 x 0)||Black||8 (3.6)|
|0759||3 x 2 x 0 (.9 x .6 x 0)||Black||11 (5)|
|0757||4 x 2 x 0 (1.2 x .6 x 0)||Black||15 (6.8)|
|0758||5 x 2 x 0 (1.5 x .6 x 0)||Black||19 (8.6)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Ultra-ADA Pads required by law?
Yes, Ultra-ADA Pads (or some other form of warning pad) are mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 28 CFR Part 36. Learn more in the regulations section of our website.
How are Ultra-ADA Pads secured to the surface?
Ultra-ADA Pads use two methods to ensure that they stay safely attached to the pavement. The first method is using the included industrial-strength adhesive. And once the adhesive has set, a set of concrete anchors (included) are used in the corners of the pad. You can get more details in our installation instructions.
Can Ultra-ADA Pads be installed in wet concrete?
The Ultra-ADA Pads are NOT designed to be installed in wet concrete. They can, however, be installed once any newly poured concrete or cement has fully cured.
What is the difference between Ultra-ADA Pads and stamped concrete?
The requirements as per the ADA are, among other things, that “Detectable warnings…shall contrast visually with adjoining surfaces” and “…differ from adjoining walking surfaces in resiliency or sound-on-cane contact.” Stamped concrete does not comply with either of these requirements.
What is the advantage of urethane vs. fiberglass?
Ultra-ADA Pads are made from urethane, which can bend to meet curves in the surface. It can be cut for a better/custom fit and it is practically indestructible. This is beneficial, not only after it has been installed but also eliminates damage to the pads during shipping/transit/storage. A common problem with fiberglass pads.
Why are there so many sizes? What determines what size should be used?
State and local governments have different requirements for the amount of coverage. Local authorities should be contacted to confirm the appropriate size needed for each application.
Why can't you overnight them to me?
The included adhesive is considered to be a hazardous material and therefore can only be shipped via ground transport.
Can these adhere to asphalt?
Yes. However, it requires a special adhesive. Please contact us for more details.
How tall are the domes?
0.2″ which meets the regulations.
Can I cut them down to fit my application?
Yes. Please use proper safety precautions.
More Info / Downloads
- Oregon Dept. of Transportation
- South Carolina Dept. of Transportation
- Washington Dept. of Transportation
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG)
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design (28 CFR Part 36 (Section 4.29))
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416007503 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0750)
- UPC 808416007534 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0753)
- UPC 808416007510 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0751)
- UPC 808416007527 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0752)
- UPC 808416007602 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0760)
- UPC 808416007633 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0763)
- UPC 808416007619 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0761)
- UPC 808416007626 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0762)
- UPC 808416007657 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0765)
- UPC 808416007664 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0766)
- UPC 808416007671 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0767)
- UPC 808416007688 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0768)
- UPC 808416007565 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0756)
- UPC 808416007596 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0759)
- UPC 808416007572 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0757)
- UPC 808416007589 Ultra-ADA Pads Urethane Model (Part #0758)