Put an end to dents, scratches and constant upkeep of bumper posts and bollards
Bumper posts and bollards are used to protect storefronts, pedestrian walkways, utility boxes and many other things.
The Ultra-Post Protectors are polyethylene (LLDPE) sleeves that slide over the posts/bollards so they can maintain a presentable appearance or color to match branding.
- One-piece, lightweight design makes installation quick and easy. Simply slide over existing posts - no tools or hardware required.
- Bright, safety yellow color adds cosmetic appeal, helps identify entryways for trucks, etc. Custom colors available.
- All-polyethylene construction - no maintenance required.
- Available in four sizes to accommodate most bumper posts and bollards. Other sizes available upon request.
- Rugged construction minimizes scratches, dents and other damage.
- UV inhibitor in resin resists degrading effects of sunlight, for years of service.
How to Measure Your Post for an Ultra-Post Protector
Steel pipe used for bollards is measured by the inside diameter. Therefore, the bollard’s outside diameter is 1/2″ to 5/8″ larger. To purchase the correct post sleeve:
- Measure exact post circumference with flat tape.
- Divide the circumference by 3.14 to get the diameter of the post in inches.
- In ordering information, find the most suitable post diameter range.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight lbs. (kg)||Notes|
|1525||For 4" Posts||4 x 4 x 52 (101.6 x 101.6 x 1320.8)||11 (5)||Nominal thickness - 1/8"|
|1526||For 6" Posts||6 x 6 x 52 (152.4 x 152.4 x 1320.8)||12 (5.4)||Nominal thickness - 1/8"|
|1527||For 7" Posts||7 x 7 x 52 (177.8 x 177.8 x 1320.8)||14 (6.4)||Nominal thickness - 1/4"|
|1528||For 8" Posts||8 x 8 x 52 (203.2 x 203.2 x 1320.8)||16 (7.3)||Nominal thickness - 1/4"|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install an Ultra-Post Protector?
Each Ultra-Post Protector is delivered with two pieces of patented foam neoprene tape. Apply the neoprene tape around the circumference of the steel bollard 3″ down from the top of the post and 3″ up from the bottom of the post. Once the tape is applied, slide the bollard cover over, eliciting the sound of air squeezing out between the post and sleeve as it creates a vacuum seal. If the above directions are followed correctly, the Ultra-Post Protector should fit tight with no gaps.
Are there any other colors available? Do you do custom colors?
Other colors are available. Custom colors are also available but do require a minimum order. Please contact us for more information on these options.
Are there any other sizes available?
Ultra-Post Protectors for the following size posts are also available:
3″, 3 ½”, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″, 8″, 10″, 12″. (1/4″ thickness). Please contact us for more information.
This product may not address any specific regulations but if you have any questions, we’re here to help.
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416015256 Ultra-Post Protector For 4" Posts (Part #1525)
- UPC 808416015263 Ultra-Post Protector For 6" Posts (Part #1526)
- UPC 808416015270 Ultra-Post Protector For 7" Posts (Part #1527)
- UPC 808416015287 Ultra-Post Protector For 8" Posts (Part #1528)