Urethane plugs keep spills out of drains
A simple yet effective spill response solution for drains of almost any size. The pliable material quickly seals off drain holes and prevents fuel and chemical spills from getting any further into the drainage or stormwater system.
The Ultra-Drain Plug is manufactured with a flexible polyurethane material that resists oil, water, and most aggressive chemicals. Its tapered design makes it easy to securely wedge into standard drains to prevent contaminants from entering.
- Safety orange color.
- Eyebolts (8" length) are removable, allowing installation of grating with drain plug in place.
- Non-absorbing, easily cleaned for repeated use.
- Cleans with soap and water.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|2113||For 2" Drain||2.5 x 2.5 x 4.6 (63.5 x 63.5 x 117.6)||2 (.9)|
|2114||For 3" Drain||3.5 x 3.5 x 4.6 (88.9 x 88.9 x 117.6)||2 (.9)|
|2115||For 4" Drain||4.5 x 4.5 x 4.8 (114.3 x 114.3 x 120.7)||3 (1.4)|
|2117||For 6" Drain||7 x 7 x 5 (177.8 x 177.8 x 127)||6 (2.7)|
|2118||For 8" Drain||9 x 9 x 5 (228.6 x 228.6 x 127)||13 (5.9)|
|2119||For 10" Drain||11.5 x 11.5 x 5 (292.1 x 292.1 x 127)||16 (7.3)|
|2121||For 12" Drain||13.5 x 13.5 x 4 (342.9 x 342.9 x 101.6)||25 (11.3)|
|2116||3 Plug Kit (1ea. 2", 3", and 4" + case)||3 x 2 x 4 (76.2 x 50.8 x 101.6)||8 (3.6)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the eyebolt for?
The eyebolt helps in installing the Ultra-Drain Plug. It provides extra length and a holding/leverage point to make installation easier.
Is the eyebolt removable?
Yes, the eyebolt is removable and, depending on the application, should be removed to eliminate trip hazards.
Is the Ultra-Drain Plug reusable?
Yes, the Ultra-Drain Plug is reusable provided that it has not been exposed to a chemical that has caused any degradation.
Can I leave an Ultra-Drain Plug in the drain for long periods of time?
The Ultra-Drain Plug is made with urethane and will degrade/break down in extended UV exposure. It is recommended that drain plugs only be exposed for as long as required to contain and clean-up a spill. Long-term outdoor use is not recommended.
How do I clean the Ultra-Drain Plug?
Typically, a standard soap and water mixture is all that is needed to clean the Ultra-Drain Plug. Once it has been cleaned it should be allowed to air dry and then returned to its original packaging.
What is the best way to store an Ultra-Drain Plug?
The Ultra-Drain Plug should be stored in a cool, dry area in the box that it is shipped in.
Your compatibility chart says 'NR' for the chemical that I'm using. What exactly does that mean?
‘NR’ stands for ‘Not Recommended’. HOWEVER, it is worth noting that most chemical compatibility guides (ours included) are based on a one-year immersion test. In other words, the material being tested is completely immersed in the chemical in question. After one year, the material is removed and checked for any degradation. Needless to say, a spill response product is not going to be exposed to a chemical for a year. So it’s possible that the Ultra-Drain Plug will be effective against a spill of a chemical that is listed as ‘NR’. The best way to know for sure is to test for yourself. Please contact our customer service team and they will be able to send you a no-charge sample.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG)
- Stormwater Management Regulation 40 CFR 122.26
- EPA Hazardous Waste Discharges 40 CFR 263.30
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416021134 Ultra-Drain Plug For 2" Drain (Part #2113)
- UPC 808416021141 Ultra-Drain Plug For 3" Drain (Part #2114)
- UPC 808416021158 Ultra-Drain Plug For 4" Drain (Part #2115)
- UPC 808416021172 Ultra-Drain Plug For 6" Drain (Part #2117)
- UPC 808416021189 Ultra-Drain Plug For 8" Drain (Part #2118)
- UPC 808416021196 Ultra-Drain Plug For 10" Drain (Part #2119)
- UPC 808416021219 Ultra-Drain Plug For 12" Drain (Part #2121)
- UPC 808416021165 Ultra-Drain Plug 3 Plug Kit (1ea. 2", 3", and 4" + case) (Part #2116)