Advanced catch basin filter captures multiple pollutants
Catch basin inserts (like the Ultra-Drain Guard) are very effective and work well in many applications.
In known “hot spot” drains, however, something with more filtering capability may be necessary. Because these drains are more likely to encounter more concentrated contamination in stormwater, dedicated filter media can help in reducing pollutants.
The Ultra-HydroKleen is considered a “true filter” by the EPA and forces water through up to three different filters before it exits into the stormwater system.
Mix and match filter media depending on your specific needs. The Ultra-HydroKleen is the only catch basin filter that allows you to use more than one type of filter media.
- Sorb 44 — Used to remove oil and other hydrocarbons.
- Phos Filter — Excellent for removal of phosphorus.
- Activated Carbon — Excellent “polishing media”. Helps remove certain chemicals, hydrocarbons, and odors.
- Heavy Metal Removal — Custom filter media blend helps remove zinc, lead, copper, and other harmful, heavy metals.
- Other types of media available for custom applications.
- Removes hydrocarbons, heavy metals, sediments and other organics from stormwater and industrial runoff.
- Exceeds 80% sediment removal efficiency. Patented filtration system allows different filter media to be used together to remove targeted pollutants.
- Choose a mix of filters to removes hydrocarbons / oil, chemicals, odor, phosphorus and heavy metals from water flow (must be ordered separately).
- A by-pass system prevents flooding or ponding during high-flow storm events.
- Excellent post-construction control for drains that are more susceptible to large concentrations of contaminants ("Hot Spots").
- Units available for round or square catch basin grates. Custom sizes available.
- Considered a "true filter" and has been verified by the EPA's ETV program (See report in Resources tab below).
- U.S. Patent No. 8,715,491. Other U.S. Patents Pending.
Convenient and effective means to obtain samples of the post-treatment effluent from the Ultra-HydroKleen to comply with monitoring and testing requirements.
- Sampling option provides standard Ultra-HydroKleen with modifications to allow “post-treatment” water samples to be taken from below the unit’s filters.
- Take real-time samples during storm events.
- Access area stays closed until a sample is desired.
- Port can also be used for visual inspection of catch basin without removing the unit.
- Simple sampling — no need to remove the Ultra-HydroKleen to take a sample (in many cases, even the grate can remain in place).
Custom Frame Models Available
Ultra-HydroKleen custom frame models are custom-made to fit each individual catch basin. The final pricing is based on the configuration of the frame (flat or recessed) and the number of required filter media (2 or 3). This cannot be determined until the end-user has submitted the completed measurement instructions and filter media selection forms. Please contact us at 800-353-1611 for more information.
|9870||Flat Frame Model||Fits drains 20-25 in. (508-635 mm)|
|9871||Flat Frame Model||Fits drains 26-33 in. (660-838mm)|
|9872||Flat Frame Model||Fits drains 34-48 in. (863-1219 mm)|
|9873||Recessed Frame Model||Fits drains 20-25 in. (508-635 mm)|
|9874||Recessed Frame Model||Fits drains 26-33in. (660-838 mm)|
|9875||Recessed Frame Model||Fits drains 34-48in. (863-1219 mm)|
|9478||Custom Frame Model||N/A|
|9463||Activated Carbon Media Filter Bag|
|9462||Sorb 44 Media Filter Bag|
|9461||PhosFilter Media Filter Bag|
|9460||Heavy Metal Media Filter Bag|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many filters will fit in an Ultra-HydroKleen?
The Ultra-HydroKleen is designed to fit up to three filters.
If I order different types of filters, how do I know what order they should be arranged?
The order will depend on the concentration of the pollutants in the water and may require some experimentation to get the best results. Typically, if an activated carbon filter is used, it will be the last filter media before the water exits the Ultra-HydroKleen as it is a “polishing” media.
Is there a way to take a post-treatment sample with the Ultra-HydroKleen?
Yes, a sampling option is available that will allow “post-treatment” samples to be taken. The sampling option is part number 9876 and MUST be ordered with the Ultra-HydroKleen (it cannot be installed as a retrofit).
What are the dimensions of the body of the Ultra-HydroKleen (the green shell)?
The body of the Ultra-HydroKleen is 15″ x 19″ and 19″ deep.
Can an Ultra-Hydrokleen be used inside a round catch basin?
Yes, but the diameter of the drain opening within the ledge that the grate sits (X2) will need to be at least 26”. This is because the rectangular bottom portion of the Hydrokleen is 15”x19” and the widest part of the shell would be approximately 24.2” wide. A 26” diameter would allow the unit to fit comfortably within the catch basin.
How often should I change the filters?
This will depend on the location of the unit and will vary for each Ultra-HydroKleen. We recommend an inspection after the first rainfall to get an idea of what the pollutant load is for that particular drain. Periodic inspections and water testing will help determine the efficiency of each filter and when replacements are necessary.
What's the easiest way to remove captured sediment from the Ultra-HydroKleen?
Sediment, silt, sand, and dirt can be scooped out of the HydroKleen’s chamber or, for complete removal, the entire Ultra-HydroKleen can be removed from the catch basin and hosed out.
What is the ordering process like for the Ultra-HydroKleen?
Initially, the process is just like any other product, it is ordered through one of our distributors. But once we receive that order we will coordinate with your distributor to get more information on the catch basin that the Ultra-HydroKleen will be installed in. We will need to get the measurement instructions and filter media selection forms completed and returned to us. Because of the customization of this product, there is a lead time involved. Once all the information is provided we will be able to provide you with an estimated lead time.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- Stormwater Management Regulation 40 CFR 122.26
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL)
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416098709 Ultra-Hydrokleen Flat Frame Model (Part #9870)
- UPC 808416098716 Ultra-Hydrokleen Flat Frame Model (Part #9871)
- UPC 808416098723 Ultra-Hydrokleen Flat Frame Model (Part #9872)
- UPC 808416098730 Ultra-Hydrokleen Recessed Frame Model (Part #9873)
- UPC 808416098747 Ultra-Hydrokleen Recessed Frame Model (Part #9874)
- UPC 808416098754 Ultra-Hydrokleen Recessed Frame Model (Part #9875)
- UPC 9478 - Ultra-HydroKleen Custom Frame Custom Frame Model (Part #9478)
- UPC 808416098761 Ultra-Hydrokleen Sampling Option (Part #9876)
- UPC 808416094633 Ultra-Hydrokleen Activated Carbon Media Filter Bag (Part #9463)
- UPC 808416094626 Ultra-Hydrokleen Sorb 44 Media Filter Bag (Part #9462)
- UPC 808416094619 Ultra-Hydrokleen PhosFilter Media Filter Bag (Part #9461)
- UPC 808416094602 Ultra-Hydrokleen Heavy Metal Media Filter Bag (Part #9460)