Protected by the industry’s strongest warranty – Five years against any material or workmanship defects. Learn more…
Capture plastic pellets and resin from railroad tankers
The Ultra-Pellet Pan track pan has been specifically engineered to capture plastic pellets while allowing rainwater to drain out, preventing costly cleanup
and regulatory fines.
IMPORTANT: The Ultra-Pellet Pan will not contain liquids of any kind!
- Sealed System—polyethylene gaskets keep spills from falling between the rails and pans.
- Economical and easy to install.
- Long work life - estimated to perform 20-30 years.
- Low maintenance - Ultra-Pellet Pans will not rust or corrode. Polyethylene resin is treated with a UV inhibitor, resists degrading effects of the sun.
- Low cost installation — lightweight Pellet Pans can be easily installed without heavy lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, cranes, backhoes, etc. Minimal tools and labor required.
- Slip resistant surfaces - pans and grates have been designed with safety in mind. All top surfaces resist slips when wet or oily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the rain water exit the pellet pan?
Each pan is fitted with a number of 3-inch drains. Two in each of the standard pans, three in each composite pan.
Can the pellets clog the drain system?
No, water will drain regardless of the amount of pellets that are contained. However, it is important (and not just for proper drainage) that any pellets that are contained by the pans be removed as soon as possible.
How are the pans installed?
The installation process for either pan is relatively simple and requires only basic hand tools. Detailed instructions are available here. Product specialists and our technical team are also available should you need further assistance. Please feel free to call them at 904-292-1611 or 800-353-1611.
Can the pans be removed for cleaning/inspection once they are installed?
Yes, while the Ultra-Pellet Pans are designed for a long-term installation, they can be removed if necessary.
Is the grating necessary?
The grating is required in the standard pans and recommended (but not necessary) for the composite pans.
What tools are needed to install the pans?
Basic tools that would be available in almost all workshops is all that is required for the installation. Some slightly more specialized tools may be needed for site preparation. Please see the installation instruction here for a complete list.
Are the deflector shields necessary?
Not necessary but HIGHLY recommended. Without them, the pellets are very likely to bounce out of the pans and into the surrounding environment.
Are the drains a requirement?
Without drains, they are not pellet pans. UltraTech’s other railroad containment products, the Ultra-Track Pans, are essentially the same as pellet pans but without drains so that they can be used to contain liquid leaks and spills.
What is the smallest pellet your pans can capture?
The drains in the Ultra-Pellet Pans are designed to capture pellets 1mm in diameter or larger.
This product may not address any specific regulations but if you have any questions, we’re here to help.
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 80841610159 Ultra-Pellet® Center Pan w/ Grates (Part #7560)
- UPC 80841610160 Ultra-Pellet® Side Pan w/ Grates (Part #7562)
- UPC 80841610163 Ultra-Pellet Pan® Pellet Deflector, 5-pack (Part #7570)