Drive-over barrier provide heavy-duty custom containment
There are many ways to create a custom spill containment area. Each has its own advantages. But whether it’s concrete, steel or one our own spill berms, there’s a limitation. You can’t drive over the walls. Until now.
The Ultra-Berm Builder, Plus Model has the versatility of the standard model but the additional ruggedness and mounting option for a more permanent installation that can be driven over.
- Create permanent containment on concrete, asphalt and most sealed areas.
- Heavy-duty, 40-ounce, vinyl-coated fabric can withstand traffic from trucks, forklifts and other vehicles.
- Open-cell foam core compresses to approximately 1/4" when driven over and springs back to shape when vehicles pass.
- Secures to the floor with sealant (not included) and is reinforced with pre drilled aluminum mounting strips (included) and steel anchors (included).
- Can be used with standard Ultra-Berm Builder.
|Part #||Model||Product Image||Quantity||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|8644||Floor Sealant||6/box||N/A||1 (.5)|
|8645||Vinyl Adhesive||1/box||N/A||.5 (.2)|
|8669||Barrier Repair Material||1/box||120 x 4 x 0 (3048 x 101.6 x 0)||1 (0.5)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the Ultra-Berm Builder Plus installed?
The Ultra-Berm Builder Plus adheres to the floor with sealant (not included) and is reinforced with pre drilled aluminum mounting strips (included) and steel anchors (included).
What is the Ultra-Berm Builder Plus made of?
The Ultra-Berm Builder Plus is an open-cell foam that is wrapped in vinyl.
Can I step on the Ultra-Berm Builder's sidewalls?
Yes, the Ultra-Berm Builder’s sidewalls are designed to be able to be stepped on and/or rolled over with light, wheeled equipment. The open-cell foam barrier will spring back after the weight is removed.
Is the installation of the Ultra-Berm Builder Plus permanent? Can I remove it?
The Ultra-Berm Builder Plus is meant to a “long-term” installation. Should it become necessary, it can be removed by first backing out the screws in the mounting strips and then using a flat-bladed shovel to remove the berm.
Can the Ultra-Berm Builder Plus be cut to size for a more custom fit?
Yes, the Ultra-Berm Builder Plus is designed to be easily cut if necessary. Simply use a utility knife and a straight edge for the berm and a hack saw for the aluminum mounting strips (NOTE: Always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)).
More Info / Downloads
This product may not address any specific regulations but if you have any questions, we’re here to help.
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416101218 Ultra-Berm Builder® Straight Wall Section (Part #8671)
- UPC 808416101225 Ultra-Berm Builder® Corner (Part #8672)
- UPC 808416101232 Ultra-Berm Builder® Wall End (Part #8673)
- UPC 808416086447 Ultra-Berm Builder Floor Sealant (Part #8644)
- UPC 808416086454 Ultra-Berm Builder Vinyl Adhesive (Part #8645)
- UPC 808416101201 Ultra-Berm Builder® Barrier Repair Material (Part #8669)