Safely store tanks of flammable material outdoors and comply with regulations
A vast majority of IBC spill containment products are made from polyethylene. In many ways, polyethylene (LLDPE) is the perfect material for spill containment applications. It’s strong, it’s moldable and it has outstanding chemical resistance. The downside is that it also melts.
The Ultra-IBC Hard Top, Steel Model provides more than enough containment capacity to meet EPA and SPCC regulations and is not susceptible to fire or intense heat like plastic pallets.
- Storage and spill containment for one IBC (intermediate bulk container), tank or tote.
- Lockable door provides secure storage and prevents theft and unauthorized access.
- Heavy-duty steel construction (14 ga. painted sump, 16 ga. galvanized top) provides years of service.
- 100% leak-free tested.
- Meets SPCC and EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175 Spill Containment Regulations.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1185||Steel IBC Hard Top||57 x 57 x 85 (1447.8 x 1447.8 x 2159) |
Door: 52 (1320.8) x 49.84 (1265.9)
|5,640 (2,558)||370 (1400)||660 (299)|
FOB: Quebec, Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of steel is used to make the Ultra-IBC Hard Top?
The spill pallet is constructed of 14-gauge painted steel and the top is constructed with 16-gauge galvanized steel.
Will this spill pallet help meet regulations and stay in compliance?
Yes, the Ultra-IBC Hard Top is designed with enough containment capacity to help meet SPCC and EPA spill containment regulations.
Why would I use a steel spill pallet instead of polyethylene?
The Ultra-IBC Hard Top, Steel Model is able to withstand extreme temperatures and fire if that is a concern in the facility where the pallet is being used.
Can the grating be removed for inspection or cleanup?
Yes, the grating can be removed to access the containment sump for periodic inspections or cleaning of spills.
What is the best way to move the Ultra-IBC Hard Top?
This spill pallet can be moved with a forklift or pallet jack. It should never be moved with storage containers inside.
Is the Ultra-IBC Hard Top lockable?
Yes, the pallet can be locked with a standard padlock to keep contents secure or restrict access.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416101065 Steel IBC Hard Top Steel IBC Hard Top (Part #1185)