Ultra-Hard Top Spill Pallet®
Protected by the industry’s strongest warranty – Five years against any material or workmanship defects. Learn more…
Store hazardous drums safely outdoors with pumps and funnels in place
The Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus spill pallet provides a safe, convenient and effective place to store one or two 55-gallon drums. The roll-top doors above and swing out doors below provide complete and easy access to the inside spill containment area.
Simply place your drums inside of the unit with your drum handling equipment or with our optional ramp. Close the doors and you are done. Your drums are protected from the elements and unauthorized access (the unit can be locked) and your property is protected from spills or leaks.
- Tall 23 3/4" headspace easily accommodates rotary drum pumps and large conical funnels.
- Low profile (8 3/4") containment pallet positions drum-top funnels at a safe, convenient level to pour hazardous wastes.
- 100% polyethylene (LLDPE) construction will not rust or corrode.
- UV inhibitor in polyethylene (LLDPE) resin resists degrading effects of sunlight, adding years to outdoor service life.
- "Swing out" lower doors provide full access to drums for loading and unloading - optional ramp features a non-slip surface.
- Compact loading ramp stores neatly inside when not in use - even when loaded with two 55-gallon drums.
- Simply lift from waist-level to raise the roll-top cover - no need to bend over and reach near ground level as required by alternative products.
- Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus spill pallet is lockable with a standard padlock and can be safely lifted by forklift with drums in place.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Grating Surface in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|9612||Without Drain||67.3 x 41.3 x 74 (1708.2 x 1047.8 x 1879.6)||52 x 26 (1320.8 x 660.4)||4500 (2041.2)||66 (249.8)||260 (117.9)|
|9613||With Drain||67.3 x 41.3 x 74 (1708.2 x 1047.8 x 1879.6)||52 x 26 (1320.8 x 660.4)||4500 (2041.2)||66 (249.8)||260 (117.9)|
|Part #||Model||Product Image||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|0676||Ramp for P2 Plus, P3 Plus, and P4 Plus||55.5 x 28.5 x 8.8 (1409.7 x 723.9 x 222.3)||700 (317.5)||43 (19.5)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dimensions of the forklift pockets?
Can I move hard tops with drums inside?
No, we do not recommend moving loaded hard tops.
Is there access to the drums from both sides of the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus?
No, there is only access from one side via either the roll-up door and/or the “barn doors”.
Does the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus come with a ramp?
No, the ramp (Part# 0676) is optional.
Is the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus combustible? Will it burn or melt?
The Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus is made of polyethylene (LLDPE) so in the event of a fire the unit will melt. It is not intended to be used in place of a safety cabinet.
Is the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus waterproof?
No, the spill pallet is not completely waterproof. It is more accurately described as weatherproof. In other words, in standard weather conditions, your drums and/or containers should be protected and water gathering in the pallets is not a concern. However, during very gusty conditions or very heavy rainfall, some water may get into the unit. It is good practice to inspect the interior of the hard top after any severe weather.
Can the ramp fit in the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus while not in use? (with 2 drums in there)
Yes, there is enough room inside of the hard top for two drums and the ramp.
What are the inside dimensions of the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus?
At its peak (the top is sloped) the height is 62 1/4”, the inside width is 33 1/4”, and inside length is 62 7/8”.
How does the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus ship? Is any assembly required?
The hard top ships completely assembled and ready to go upon arrival. However, we can ship a disassembled unit to reduce shipping space. Please contact us for more information on this option.
How long can I expect my UltraTech polyethylene (PE) spill containment product to last outdoors?
UltraTech’s general response to this question is at least ten (10) years. You can expect longer, but the actual life is dependent on several factors. UltraTech has been making outdoor spill containment products since 1993. We have a good sense of realistic life expectancy based on all those years of experience. UltraTech uses the highest-rated UV package in the resin formulation it uses to create the longest outdoor life available for a PE product
What are the factors that affect the life of a PE spill containment product outdoors?
The most important environmental factors are ultraviolet exposure and chemical exposure. In the absence of chemical compatibility concerns (determined by the UltraTech compatibility chart for PE products), the next most important factor for outdoor, polyethylene spill containment products will be ultraviolet irradiation (UV) exposure. The most important factors with reference to UV are thickness, UV Inhibitor (UVI) content, and pigment color, type, and concentration. Ultraviolet irradiation exposure causes molecular structure and bond changes that result in the embrittlement of PE. Very thin PE can become brittle and fracture in less than a year (think contractor’s PE Visqueen sheeting). Thicker parts take longer to break down. The addition of UV Inhibitors to the PE allows it to sustain more UV exposure without breaking down. Darker pigments, inorganic pigments, and higher concentrations of pigments also individually and collectively will give PE a longer life before appreciable UV damage occurs.
What is the longest life of an outdoor spill containment product you have seen?
There is an outdoor spill containment product that has been in use in northeast Florida since 1986 and is still in active use today. UltraTech suggests its Ultra-Track Pans, used for outdoor railroad track spill containment, have a minimum of a twenty-year life.
More Info / Downloads
- Assembly Instructions (NOTE: Unless specified, the Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus ships completely assembled)
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
- Stormwater Management Regulation 40 CFR 122.26
- International Fire Code (IF) 5004.2.3
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416096125 Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus Without Drain (Part #9612)
- UPC 808416096132 Ultra-Hard Top P2 Plus With Drain (Part #9613)
- UPC 808416006766 Ultra-Spill Pallet Ramp for P2 Plus, P3 Plus, and P4 Plus (Part #0676)