Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet®
Protected by the industry’s strongest warranty – Five years against any material or workmanship defects. Learn more…
Double stack IBC tanks and save valuable floor space!
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet’s 16,000 lb. weight capacity, allows you to safely double stack IBC containers, preventing unwanted spills in tight places.
Its large, 400-gallon spill containment capacity keeps you in compliance with EPA and SPCC spill containment regulations and its all-polyethylene construction provides excellent chemical compatibility.
- 16,000 lb. weight capacity (UDL) accommodates up to two full IBC containers.
- 100% polyethylene (LLDPE) construction has no metal parts —rust and corrosion are a thing of the past.
- All grating and inner components are easily removed for quick and easy clean-up.
- 400-gallon sump capacity meets SPCC spill containment requirements and EPA Container Storage Regulation,40 CFR 264.175.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Grating Surface in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1057||No Drain||58.8 x 58.8 x 33 (1492.3 x 1492.3 x 838.2)||52 x 52 (1320.8 x 1320.8)||16000 (7257.5)||400 (1514.2)||444 (201.4)|
|1058||With Drain||58.8 x 58.8 x 33 (1492.3 x 1492.3 x 838.2)||52 x 52 (1320.8 x 1320.8)||16000 (7257.5)||400 (1514.2)||444 (201.4)|
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1055||Pull Over Cover||13 x 12 x 7 (330.2 x 304.8 x 177.8)||7 (3.2)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I choose the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet over the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus?
If you have a need for a larger sump capacity or a greater weight capacity, then the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet may be a better option for you.
Why would I choose the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus over the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet?
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus has a lower profile (28”), is forkliftable and less expensive.
How large of an IBC can I store on the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet?
According to the Federal Regulations (40 CFR 264.175), you can store an IBC with a capacity of up to 400 gallons. However, local regulations can be more stringent so it is important to contact your local authorities to ensure compliance.
Is the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet forkliftable?
No, there are no forklift pockets in the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet. It is recommended that the unit is moved on the wooden pallet that it is shipped on. The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus is forkliftable and may be a suitable alternative.
What is the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet made of?
Our pallets are made of 100% polyethylene (LLDPE) which provides superior chemical compatibility and corrosion resistance.
Can you stack two IBCs on top of the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet?
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet is capable of safely handling up to 16,000 lbs. (UDL), so weight is not likely to be an issue. However, it is strongly recommended that local and Federal regulations be reviewed to ensure compliance with containment capacity requirements.
Is the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet available with a drain?
Yes, you can order our spill pallet either with a drain (Part# 1058) or without a drain (Part# 1057).
Can the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet be used outdoors?
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet is made of 100% polyethylene (LLDPE) so it won’t rust or corrode. It also has UV inhibitors so it will last for many years in the sunlight without degrading. HOWEVER, the biggest consideration for using an Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet outside is rain. If the sump is filled (even partially) with rainwater, it has lost or reduced its capacity to capture a spill from the IBC that’s on top of it. There are a few ways to address this issue:
- Place the IBC and the pallet somewhere where there is a roof/shade or some other form of overhead protection to keep the rain and elements out.
- Instead of purchasing the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet, buy the Ultra-IBC Hard Top which has a built-in rigid polyethylene (LLDPE) cover.
- Add an Ultra-Self Bailer to the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet sump. This unit will allow clean water to pass through while filtering out any gas, oil or other hydrocarbons.
Can the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet support an IBC that has pedestal posts for legs, or just flat bottom IBCs?
The pallet has a 16,000 lb. capacity. This is for uniformly distributed loads. An IBC that is supported by pedestal post or feet focuses all of its weight on those feet. If the dimensions of those feet are not large enough to properly displace the weight on the spill pallet’s grating, it could be an issue. As a precaution, steel plates (at least 12″ x 12″) can be used under the feet in order to more evenly distribute the weight over a greater area. If you have any concerns about your IBCs weight, please contact us at 800-353-1611 / 904-292-1611.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416010572 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet No Drain (Part #1057)
- UPC 808416010589 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet With Drain (Part #1058)
- UPC 808416010558 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Pull Over Cover (Part #1055)