Store IBCs and other large containers of flammable liquids safely on steel pallets
A vast majority of IBC spill containment products are made from polyethylene. In many ways, polyethylene (LLDPE) is the perfect material for spill containment applications. It’s strong, it’s moldable and it has outstanding chemical resistance. The downside is that it also melts.
A melting/melted IBC spill pallet is an unstable IBC spill pallet. An unstable IBC spill pallet is an unsafe IBC spill pallet. The last thing you need is a tote of hazardous material or, worse, FLAMMABLE hazardous material spilling and making a bad situation worse.
Which is why a steel spill pallet can be the better option. The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet, Steel Model provides more than enough containment capacity to meet EPA and SPCC regulations and is not susceptible to fire or intense heat like plastic pallets.
- Spill pallets provide secondary containment for intermediate bulk containers (IBCs), tanks, totes and other large containers.
- Excellent for storage of chemicals, hazardous materials, and flammable liquids.
- Heavy-duty, 14-gauge galvanized steel construction provides years of service and excellent chemical resistance - will not melt or deform from extreme heat or fire.
- 100% leak-free tested.
- Removable, two-piece grating for easy clean-up and maintenance.
- Forkliftable from all sides for easy handling and transport.
- Meets SPCC and EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175 Spill Containment Regulations.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1184||Steel Model||57 x 57 x 35 (1447.8 x 1447.8 x 889)||5,650 (2,563)||370 (1400.6)||375 (170.1)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the grating removable?
Yes, there are two grates that are both removable to help facilitate easier cleanup.
Can the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet be moved with a forklift?
Yes, the unit has 4-way access for forklifts as well as pallet jacks.
Can I move this pallet with an IBC on top?
No, we do not recommend moving loaded spill pallets.
Why type of steel is the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet made from?
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet is made from 14-gauge galvanized steel.
How much weight can the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet hold?
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet can hold up to 5,650 lbs. (2,563 Kg). It is important to note that this weight must be uniformly distributed. Learn more here.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416011845 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Steel Model (Part #1184)