Protected by the industry’s strongest warranty – Five years against any material or workmanship defects. Learn more…
Low-profile, nestable spill pallet reduces shipping costs and storage space
Spill pallets are big and bulky. They need to be so they can capture enough of a spill to meet the EPA and SPCC regulations. But that bulk gets very costly when multiple pallets are shipped or stored.
The innovative design of the Ultra-Spill Pallet – Nestable Model allows sumps to be perfectly nested to maximize valuable shipping and storage space. This can be a crucial advantage when shipping large quantities of spill pallets, especially overseas.
For example, we can ship eight-eight (88) of our standard 4-drum spill pallets in a 53′ truck. In that same sized container, we can ship three hundred and eighty-four (384) nestable spill pallets! Of course, that translates to smaller (LTL) shipments too, but the freight savings are obvious.
- Large sixty-six (66) gallon sump captures leaks and spills from steel or poly drums (4-drum capacity).
- Nestable design allows multiple pallets to be shipped (or stored) in a minimal amount of space.
- 100% polyethylene (LLDPE) construction - compatible with a broad range of chemicals, including acids and corrosives.
- Low-profile (10" height) makes drum handling safer and easier.
- 2-way forkliftable - provides easy positioning and relocation.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Grating Surface in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1230||Nestable Model, Without Drain||51 x 51 x 10 (1295.4 x 1295.4 x 254)||48 x 48 (1219.2 x 1219.2)||6000 (2721.6)||66 (249.8)||80 (36.3)|
|1231||Nestable Model, With Drain||51 x 51 x 10 (1295.4 x 1295.4 x 254)||48 x 48 (1219.2 x 1219.2)||6000 (2721.6)||66 (249.8)||80 (36.3)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dimensions for the forklift pockets?
How many of these pallets can ship in a single stack?
Thirty-two (32) of the nestable model’s sumps will stack in a high cube container. The grates ship on their own separate 40×48 pallet.
Is the Ultra-Spill Pallet - Nestable Model forkliftable from all four sides?
No, it can only be forklifted or pallet jacked from two sides.
Can I move spill pallets with drums on them?
No, we do not recommend moving loaded pallets.
Can I add a drain to my spill pallet after it's been purchased/delivered?
Yes, there are two different ways that it can be done. Both are easy to do and inexpensive. Please contact us for more information.
I'm not sure if I should get a spill pallet with a drain or without. What do you recommend?
Good arguments can be made for either option so it is difficult to give a single recommendation. Some users prefer to have a drain to make clean-up easier. If a spill occurs, the drain plug can be unscrewed and the contents can drain out into an appropriate container. Others feel that the drain plug is something that could be unscrewed (for cleaning or maintenance) and then forgotten. Needless to say, that would make for a very ineffective spill containment pallet.
If I don't have a drain, then how am I supposed to clean up after a spill?
We recommend using a pump like the Bladder Pump (Part# 2345) used with our Ultra-Spill Deck Bladder Systems. Click here to see a video of it in action.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416012309 Ultra-Spill Pallet Nestable Model, Without Drain (Part #1230)
- UPC 808416012316 Ultra-Spill Pallet Nestable Model, With Drain (Part #1231)
- UPC 808416006766 Ultra-Spill Pallet Ramp for P2 Plus, P3 Plus, and P4 Plus (Part #0676)
- UPC 808416010060 Ultra-Spill Pallet P4 Pullover Cover (Part #1006)