Steel pallets meet spill containment regulations for chemicals and flammable liquids
A vast majority of spill containment products are made from polyethylene. In many ways, polyethylene (LLDPE) is the perfect material for spill containment applications. It’s strong, moldable and has outstanding chemical resistance. The downside is, it also melts.
A melting/melted spill pallet is an unstable spill pallet. An unstable spill pallet is an unsafe spill pallet. The last thing you need is fifty-five (55) gallon drums of hazardous material, or worse, FLAMMABLE hazardous material spilling and making a bad situation worse.
Which is why a steel spill pallet can be the better option. The Ultra-Spill Pallet – Steel Model provides more than enough containment capacity to meet EPA and SPCC regulations and are not susceptible to fire or intense heat like plastic pallets.
- Spill pallets provide secondary containment for chemicals and hazardous materials - leaks and spills are captured before they can harm the surrounding environment.
- Heavy-duty, 14-gauge galvanized steel construction provides years of service and excellent chemical resistance - will not melt or deform from extreme heat or fire.
- 100% leak-free tested.
- Forkliftable for easy handling and transport.
- Removable grating for easy clean-up and maintenance.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1180||Ultra-Spill Pallet - Steel Model - 2-Drum (S2)||50 x 33 x 17 (1270 x 838.2 x 431.8)||2,575 (1,168)||68 (257.4)||165 (74.8)|
|1182||Ultra-Spill Pallet - Steel Model - 4-Drum (S4)||50 x 50 x 13 (1270 x 1270 x 330.2)||3,875 (1,758)||68 (257.4)||195 (88.5)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the grating removable?
Yes, the grates (two on the 4-drum pallet and one on the 2-drum pallet) are removable to help facilitate easier clean up.
Can the steel spill pallet be moved with a forklift?
Yes, the 2-drum unit has two-way access for forklifts and the 4-drum unit has four-way access. Both models can be also be moved/repositioned with most pallet jacks.
Can I move spill pallets with drums on them?
No, we do not recommend moving loaded pallets.
What type of steel is the Ultra-Spill Pallet made from?
The Ultra-Spill Pallet is made from 14-gauge galvanized steel.
How much weight can the Ultra-Spill Pallet hold?
The 4-drum steel spill pallet can hold up to 3,875 lbs. (1,758 Kg) and the
2-drum steel spill pallet can hold up to 2,575 (1,168 Kg). It is important to note that this weight must be uniformly distributed. Learn more here.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.169
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416011807 Ultra-Spill Pallet Ultra-Spill Pallet - Steel Model - 2-Drum (S2) (Part #1180)
- UPC 808416011821 Ultra-Spill Pallet Ultra-Spill Pallet - Steel Model - 4-Drum (S4) (Part #1182)