Ultra-Hard Top Spill Pallet®
P2 Gull Wing
Protected by the industry’s strongest warranty – Five years against any material or workmanship defects. Learn more…
Outdoor secondary containment storage system keeps the elements out while providing convenient access to drums
The Ultra-Hard Top P2 spill pallet is designed to provide safe and effective outdoor secondary containment storage for up to two, 55-gallon drums.
The pallet’s all-polyethylene construction, heavy-duty steel cover lift assembly, and removable deck grates make it a perfect fit for any outdoor spill containment application, including satellite waste collection.
- The storage of virgin chemicals
- Drum dispensing
- Hazardous waste collection
- Storage of spill response materials
- Large, 66-gallon containment capacity meets SPCC and EPA Spill Containment Regulations.
- The heavy-duty steel cover lift assembly can be easily opened by one person, and remain open to make the decanting of wastes safe and efficient.
- Drums are positioned on a deck above the sump area, elevated from any spilled or leaked materials.
- Rugged steel brackets allow covers to be temporarily fixed in their open position - makes decanting of wastes safe and efficient.
- Deck grates are removable for easy cleaning of sump area.
- UV inhibitor in polyethylene (LLDPE) resin resists degrading effects of sunlight, adding years to outdoor service life.
Constructed with the "Cross of Life” Design
Innovative “Cross of Life” design protects the pallet’s structural integrity during heavy loads over time. As more weight is applied to the top of the pallet, the Cross of Life design draws the all-polyethylene sides towards the center instead of allowing them to sag outwards. Learn more…
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Grating Surface in. (mm)||Weight Capacity UDL lbs. (kg)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|1082||P2 Model Without Drain||57 x 30.5 x 63.5 (1447.8 x 774.7 x 1612.9)||48 x 24 (1219.2 x 609.6)||3000 (1360.8)||66 (249.8)||173 (78.5)|
|1083||P2 Model With Drain||57 x 30.5 x 63.5 (1447.8 x 774.7 x 1612.9)||48 x 24 (1219.2 x 609.6)||3000 (1360.8)||66 (249.8)||173 (78.5)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dimensions of the forklift pockets?
Can I move hard tops with drums inside?
No, we do not recommend moving loaded hard tops.
Is the Ultra-Hard Top P2 waterproof?
No, the spill pallet is not completely waterproof. It is more accurately described as weatherproof. In other words, in standard weather conditions, your drums and/or containers should be protected and water gathering in the pallets is not a concern. However, during very gusty conditions or very heavy rainfall, some water may get into the unit. It is good practice to inspect the interior of the hard top after any severe weather.
How long can I expect my UltraTech polyethylene (PE) spill containment product to last outdoors?
UltraTech’s general response to this question is at least ten (10) years. You can expect longer, but the actual life is dependent on several factors. UltraTech has been making outdoor spill containment products since 1993. We have a good sense of realistic life expectancy based on all those years of experience. UltraTech uses the highest-rated UV package in the resin formulation it uses to create the longest outdoor life available for a PE product
What are the factors that affect the life of a PE spill containment product outdoors?
The most important environmental factors are ultraviolet exposure and chemical exposure. In the absence of chemical compatibility concerns (determined by the UltraTech compatibility chart for PE products), the next most important factor for outdoor, polyethylene spill containment products will be ultraviolet irradiation (UV) exposure. The most important factors with reference to UV are thickness, UV Inhibitor (UVI) content, and pigment color, type, and concentration. Ultraviolet irradiation exposure causes molecular structure and bond changes that result in the embrittlement of PE. Very thin PE can become brittle and fracture in less than a year (think contractor’s PE Visqueen sheeting). Thicker parts take longer to break down. The addition of UV Inhibitors to the PE allows it to sustain more UV exposure without breaking down. Darker pigments, inorganic pigments, and higher concentrations of pigments also individually and collectively will give PE a longer life before appreciable UV damage occurs.
What is the longest life of an outdoor spill containment product you have seen?
There is an outdoor spill containment product that has been in use in northeast Florida since 1986 and is still in active use today. UltraTech suggests its Ultra-Track Pans, used for outdoor railroad track spill containment, have a minimum of a twenty-year life.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
- Stormwater Management Regulation 40 CFR 122.26
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- International Fire Code (IF) 5004.2.3
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416010824 Ultra-Hard Top P2 P2 Model Without Drain (Part #1082)
- UPC 808416010831 Ultra-Hard Top P2 P2 Model With Drain (Part #1083)