Reusable dewatering bag for large jobs and big savings
The convenience of disposable/one-use bags can make dewatering operations nice and easy. Or at least as nice and easy as dewatering gets. But for large jobs or those on a tight budget, a reusable dewatering bag may be the better solution.
The Ultra-Dewatering Bag, Reusable Model uses a heavy-duty geotextile material that is built to last and withstand multiple uses. Steel locking rods keep the bag securely closed during dewatering but are quickly removed after operations are complete so collected silt, sediment, dirt, and debris can be easily disposed of and the next round of dewatering can begin.
- Use for dewatering operations with large quantities of silt, sediment, or dirt. Bags can be emptied and reused repeatedly.
- Large opening (3' or 5' depending on the size of Ultra-Dewatering Bag) allows easy access and removal of trapped sediment.
- Works with discharge hoses up to 6".
- Galvanized steel locking rods (Part# 9735) are quickly and easily installed to secure bag opening during dewatering.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions ft. (m)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|9730||Reusable Model, Bag with Locking Rods||5 x 3 x 0 (1.5 x .9 x 0)||19 (8.6)|
|9732||Reusable Model, Bag with Locking Rods||7 x 5 x 0 (2.1 x 1.5 x 0)||21 (9.5)|
|9735||Reusable Model, Locking Rods Only||N/A||13 (5.9)|
|9736||Reusable Model, Replacement Bag||5 x 3 x 0 (1.5 x .9 x 0)||4 (1.8)|
|9738||Reusable Model, Replacement Bag||7 x 5 x 0 (2.1 x 1.5 x 0)||6 (2.7)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I use the Ultra-Dewatering Bag, Reusable Model instead of the standard bag?
Like many items, there’s a cost/convenience factor involved with the use of either of the Ultra-Dewatering Bags. Your initial cost will be significantly higher with the reusable model because of the locking rods. You will, of course, recover that cost as more dewatering projects are completed and in the long run, your cost per project should be less than if the standard dewatering bags were used.
The standard Ultra-Dewatering Bag will need to be replaced once it is full (or at the end of the project), where as the reusable model can be opened, emptied and used at the next job site.
Why would I NOT use the reusable model instead of the standard bag?
As mentioned in the previous FAQ, the reusable model could be considered less convenient because of the added requirement of manually opening the bag and emptying the contents.
Another reason is that the material used for the Ultra-Dewatering Bag, Reusable Model does not absorb oil, grease, and hydrocarbons like the material used for the standard Ultra-Dewatering Bag.
Are the locking rods required?
Yes, the locking rods must be used in order for the bag to perform properly. Without the rods, the Ultra-Dewatering Bag will be completely open on one end and water that is pumped in will not be treated/filtered.
Can I buy the locking rods separately?
Yes, locking rods are available as a separate purchase, as are the Ultra-Dewatering Bags themselves so materials can be replaced as needed without the purchase of additional/unneeded components.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- Stormwater Management Regulation 40 CFR 122.26
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416097306 Ultra-Dewatering Bag Reusable Model, Bag with Locking Rods (Part #9730)
- UPC 808416097320 Ultra-Dewatering Bag Reusable Model, Bag with Locking Rods (Part #9732)
- UPC 808416097351 Ultra- Dewatering Bag Reusable Model, Locking Rods Only (Part #9735)
- UPC 808416097368 Ultra- Dewatering Bag Reusable Model, Replacement Bag (Part #9736)
- UPC 808416097382 Ultra- Dewatering Bag Reusable Model, Replacement Bag (Part #9738)
- UPC 808416097399 Ultra- Dewatering Bag Hose Connector (Part #9739)