Unique, living hinge design allows hands-free drive in/drive out—no need to manually raise or lower the endwalls
The Ultra-Containment Berm, Ultimate Model is the perfect combination of convenience and economy when it comes to capturing leaks and spills that often occur during equipment maintenance or the transportation of containment drums. This spill containment berm features 12” walls that are supported with a unique “living hinge” that gives them the ability to bend under equipment and snap back into place.
- No need to manually raise or lower the end walls.
- Once a vehicle has entered or exited, the walls automatically spring back to their vertical position.
- Both long sidewalls are held upright by PVC sidewall assemblies. Simply swivel the feet to lower the sidewalls for storage or transport to another location.
- Convenient and economical spill containment for drums, IBCs, vehicles, equipment, frac tanks, and other large containers.
- Available in Copolymer 2000™ and other rugged materials.
|Part #||Dimensions ft. (m)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|8500||4 x 6 x 1 (1.2 x 1.8 x .3)||179 (677)||72 (32.7)|
|8501||10 x 10 (3.0 x 3.0)||748 (2831)||176.0 (79.8)|
|8502||12 x 26 (3.7 x 7.9)||2,333 (8,831)||189.0 (85.7)|
|8509||12 x 36 x 1 (3.7 x 11 x .3)||3,231 (12,230)||283.0 (128.4)|
|8505||60 x 12 x 1 (18.3 x 3.7 x .3)||5385 (20384.4)||297.0 (134.5)|
|8508||14 x 54 x 1 (4.3 x 16.5 x .3)||5,655 (21,406)||368 (166.9)|
|8510||14 x 56 x 1 (4.3 x 17.1 x .3)||5,864 (22,197)||408.0 (185.1)|
|8506||50 x 15 x 1 (15.2 x 4.6 x .3)||5610 (21236.2)||326 (147.9)|
|8507||66 x 15 x 1 (20.1 x 4.6 x .3)||7405 (28031)||405 (183.7)|
Ultra-Containment Berm Options
Get It "All-In-One"
Part #: 8670
The new “All-In-One” option for the Ultra-Containment Berm has all of the extra protection you need built right in. Both the Ground Tarp and Track Belts are pre-attached (welded or heat-sealed) depending on the materials used to make your berm. Once you unpackage the berm and set it up, it will be ready to use with the additional protection already in place.
Ultra-Berm Repair Kit
Part #: 8389
The Ultra-Berm Repair Kit contains everything needed to make most repairs to any Ultra-Containment Berm. Kit includes: (1) Tool Box, (1) Heat Gun – 110 volt, (1) Hand Roller, (4) replacement handles, (50) each of the following: 2” round patches, 4” round patches, 4”x12” patches.
For smaller repairs, an 11” x 36” piece of Ultra-Containment Berm material is available. Please contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the operating temperature range for the Ultra-Containment Berms?
PVC: Max 150°F, Min: -20°F
Copolymer-2000: Max 160°F, Min: -25°F
What are the weights of the different materials?
Copolymer 2000 – 25 oz. / sq. yard
PVC – 22 oz. / sq. yard
What if I need to use the Ultra-Containment Berm with a chemical that is not listed in the compatibility guide?
If the chemical is not listed in the guide, chances are that chemical has not been tested with the material. If we cannot get a definitive answer from our engineering staff, we can send a testing kit to you for a 30-day immersion test.
Can custom sized Ultra-Containment Berms be ordered?
Yes, we can make containment berms in custom sizes in virtually any length and width.
What about custom heights?
Custom heights are available for most of the Ultra-Containment Berms. Please contact us for more information.
What freight class do the Ultra-Containment Berms ship under?
Ultra-Containment Berms ship from our factory in N. Augusta, SC 29860 at class 125.
What is included in the repair kit and how does it work?
The repair kit is simply an 11” x 36” piece of matching material and instructions on how to apply it to the berm. The only other item required is an industrial heat gun.
What is the optional ground tarp for?
The ground tarp provides added protection from punctures or damage from beneath the Ultra-Containment Berm. Standard procedure is to sweep the area of any rocks or debris, then place the ground tarp down followed by the containment berm.
How do I know what size ground tarp to order?
For smaller standard sized berms, the 11′ x 11′ ground tarp is recommended (Part# 8311). For larger berms, the general rule of thumb is to add 4′ to both the length and width dimensions of the berm. (e.g. a 16′ x 64′ ground tarp would be used for a 12′ x 60′ containment berm.)
What are the track belts for?
Track belts are strips of very heavy-duty material (Reinforced PVC) that lay down inside of the berm. They take the wear and tear from tires of the vehicles that are driving in and out of the berms. Thereby extending the life of the product.
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC) 40 CFR 112
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416085006 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8500)
- UPC 808416085013 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8501)
- UPC 808416085020 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8502)
- UPC 808416085099 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8509)
- UPC 808416085051 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8505)
- UPC 808416085082 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8508)
- UPC 808416085105 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8510)
- UPC 808416085068 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8506)
- UPC 808416085075 Ultra-Containment Berm Ultimate Model (Part #8507)